Friday, January 14, 2011

If it's Friday, it must be Belgium


Thought I would pass along an e-mail I just received from my mother, who is in the midst of a round-about journey to visit me. She sent this to me, along with my father, sister and several close family friends back home...I'm eager to see what type of mood she'll be in when she finally lands here.

***

If It Friday, it must be Belgium.

Hello!

Believe me when I say there are no direct flights in life...

After a lovely summer-like drive to Portland the excitement began. No getting out on Wednesday as planned. Best option was another night at the lovely Comfort Inn while the blizzard closed down EVERYTHING in Portland... (even heard LL Bean closed!)
Thursday I took the 5:00 bus to Boston and flew to Chicago, waited there all day and flew to Brussels overnight where I am once again waiting here all day... I fly to Casablanca at 5:00 then on to Banjul. Hope to see Matt shortly after midnight.


Hope you are all well. Can't wait to change clothes and stop hauling my loaded knapsack around. great reminder to travel light. Should have lots more room to put stuff in my suitcase on the way home.

Stay tuned!

Dawn
***
And Until Next Time...Don't Stop Believin,

Matty

1 comment:

  1. Hi Matt, You don't know us but we know your Mum. We are "Creeker" people.... We've been enjoying your Blog and reading about your many adventures. We're following Dawn's slow progress to reach you; will be anxious to hear that she is there safely. Just in case you are missing our lovely Canadian winter, it was about minus twelve... Brrrr. We're looking at the same sun you are, but somehow I think it feels warmer where you are...
    Linda And Brian Hubbard

    ReplyDelete